Losing teeth in a dream

di-180

The most common affliction our dream bodies suffer is that of losing teeth or cracked and crumbly teeth.  Were this a problem with your waking physical body, you’d probably want to get thyself to the dentist ASAP!  But when your teeth are a problem in your dreams, you’re better off seeing a communications expert.  To the dreaming mind, your teeth, as well as any part of your mouth, are symbolic of your words. Paying attention to your teeth dreams helps you to monitor and improve the way you communicate.

The following teeth dream is from my nationally syndicated newspaper column The Dream Zone. And while more than teeth are lost in this dream, the message still applies…

Dear Lauri,
Last night I dreamed I had braces on all my teeth.  I removed all the braces and half of my teeth came out along with my tongue. It looked like a creepy science experiment, but it all grew back instantly. The weirdest part was my tongue. It had all kinds of weird colors and stuff on it, and I put it in a large glass of fruit punch. So creepy!   – Dave 36, Cleveland, OH

Lauri:  Sounds like you’re having a major communication issue. When any part of the mouth is brought to attention in a dream you can bet it is referring to something you have said recently. The braces suggest you have been trying to “straighten something out” verbally. But since your teeth and your tongue all came out in the dream, you must have said a lot of things that you wish you could take back and put back in.  Placing your tongue in fruit punch seems like a totally random and bizarre thing to do but I think it reflects that, after this communication, you felt like you were “punched.”  But fear not, your dream is giving you good news despite the embarrassment you must have experienced. It all grew back instantly, meaning that you’ll bounce back just fine. You have, “saved face,” so to speak.

Dave replies: Yesterday I called me ex, told him I was sorry and asked him to take me back, etc. It was a stupid move. This makes sense. Thank you.

Dave’s dream not only reflects his embarrassment after allowing too much out of his mouth, it also gives him encouragement that it will all be okay.

*** Dream books make a great Valentine’s Day gift for your “Dream Lover!!” ***

book-dream-on-it-ribbonDreams are so very powerful and have so so much information inside of them, when you know how to understand them. My latest book Dream on It is very thorough and will teach you how the dreaming mind works. It’s been so effective that it has been featured on Dr. Oz, the Bethenny Frankel Show, Fox Business and more! It also includes a chapter on animals in dreams and how they are connected to our behaviors and instincts. Once you’ve read Dream on It you’ll never look at your dreams the same again!

Want to read Dream on It right now? It’s available on Nook and Kindle!

“I’m still reading Dream On It and can’t put in down. I’ve been dreaming a lot more or remembering them since I started to read it, but now my dreams are making sense. Thank you for a well written and enjoyable read.”   – Margie Ward, Upper Darby, PA

4 thoughts on “Losing teeth in a dream

  1. Remy Shyaka says:

    I 'm fraid bcs in deamz i lost my teeth

  2. Kristen Kadi says:

    Thanks for sharing! Love the interpretation and explanation!

  3. I've had many, many, many tooth related dreams, but they've mostly ALWAYS involved two main things. About 20 to 30 percent of them involve an accidental injury causing them to fall out, the rest of the 80 to 70 percent of the time, someone forcibly taking them out. Sound like a "Little Shop of Horrors" moment?

    In regards to the email I received the "wives tale" bit makes so much sense. It even made me laugh out loud. Why is it so many (too many maybe…) "dream interpreters" claim these wild bizarre things about dreams that not even in the context of dreams would make ANY sense AT ALL?!?

    Prior to meeting you I browsed through several books on dreams and some were ridiculous. You clearly have an actual field (or at least knowledge) of PSYCHOLOGY, not some wishy washy pseudo-science "psycho"analysis that merely throws out random answers WITHOUT ANY ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC STUDYING in a "one size fits all but only if it's interpreted MY WAY" fashion.

    Clearly it's YOUR brand of psychology we need in the world to make things better, not just random guessing…I think I'd better stop with my ranting or I'll be sure to have another nightmare about ripping my teeth out without any novocain…

    BTW…HAPPY…(very, very early) VALENTINES DAY!

  4. Michelle Simpson says:

    I have had dentures for a while now, and have dreamed of them breaking or falling out or being loose and me pulling them out. I have this dream ALOT! I do tend to speak my mind without thought, but I do not know what there is that I need to say that I have not already..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *